Jai Shree Krishna
ShivRatri , Saturday -18th February 2023
Shiv known as a Mahadev is the supreme Almighty and Maha-Shivaratri (Great Night of Shiv) is the most important sectarian festival of the year for Shiv devotees. It is the most sacred festival of Shiva that falls on the fourteenth (Chaturdashi) day of the dark half (waning phase of the moon –Krishna Paksha) of month of Maha, Shiv is formless, shapeless, and timeless, It is believed that worshipping Bhagvan Shiv on Maha Shivratri is the easiest way to attains salvation. devotees stay awake the entire night on this auspicious festival. They perform puja, aarti, chant Vedic mantras, Shiv Chalisa, practice sadhana, and meditation. These sacred practices bestow a sense of peace and positive vibration to live a blissful life.
“Maha Shivratri or the great night of Shiv” is the night of that transcendental divine consciousness which gives relief from all three types of problems, i.e. adhyatmik, adhibhoutik, and adidaivik as well as awakens every particle of our body towards truth, love, beauty, peace, and benevolence – the ethereal qualities of Shiva.
• According to the lunar cycle, 12 Shivaratris occur in a year, out of which the Maha Shivaratri is considered to be the most auspicious one. Ancient seers of India describe that offering prayers to Lord Shiva while staying awake on this divine night is helpful to develop inner consciousness.
• Astrologically, on this holy day, the sun and moon come in a particular alignment which is helpful to elevate the mind. Indian astrologers advocate that this auspicious day is congenial for spiritual practices, meditation, and for natural upsurge of energies in our spine.
• bhagvan Shiv and Goddess Parvati got married on this day. Devotees worship Shivaling with milk, water, and honey with different flowers and BelPatra. Devotees celebrate this festival with great serenity.
• There is absolutely no difference between the individual soul and bhagvan Shiva. And Mahashivratri is the perfect day to celebrate the Shiva tattva (principle/ energy) in us. Spiritual seekers love to meditate on Mahashivratri which is helpful to understand the higher truths of life.
• The Shiv Purana says that a person who worship Bhagvan shiv on this night will be free from pain and sorrow.
Maha Shivaratri Rituals: On this auspicious day of Mahashivaratri, after completing the morning routine, devotees should take a Sankalp to observe a full-day fast and should break it only the next day after taking bath. On this day, devotees should take a second bath in the evening before visiting a place of worship, Shivaratri puja can be performed one time or four times during the night while offering water, milk, curd, honey, flowers, and Diya. Devotees stay awake all night and spend the darkest night in Shiv temples while listening bhajans, and chanting mantras to receive His graceful blessings.
Mantras to chant on Shivratri:
• Panchakshari Shiva Mantra: Om Namah Shivay
• Rudra Mantra: Om Namah Bhagavate Rudraya
• Rudra Gayatri Mantra: Om Tatpurushaya Vidmahe Mahadevaya Dhimahi Tanno Rudrah Prachodayat
• Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra: Om Tryambakam yajaamahe sugandhim pushtivardhanam, Urvaarukamiva bandhanaan-mrityormuksheeya maamritaat
• holy river Ganga descended from the heavens and bhagvan Shiv held out His thick matted hair to hold the Ganges and softened Ganga’s journey towards the earth. And for this reason, devotees offering the holy Ganga water on shivling
Shivratri is celebrated to express gratitude to Bhagvan Shiv who saved the univarse from the poison that emerged from the Khirsagar (sea) during Samudra Manthan. the merciful bhagvan Mahadev drank the poison and stored it in his throat–which made his throat turn blue (due to this reason he is known as Neelkanth Mahadev)
By Preforming Shiv Maha Abhishek in place of worship or in House give great benefit in devotees life.
1- It brings wealth, Health and harmony in Family.
2. Removes negative energy and purifies the bad karma.
3. Protects from evils and gives strength to deal with difficulties.
4. It can also eliminate the evil effects of various dosha in one’s horoscope such as Rahu dosha, Shrapit dosha, Pitru Dosh (Ancestors Peace) etc.
Shiv Abhishek ingridiance according to zodiac sign:
- Honey or juice of pomegranate
- Taurus/vriishabh :Curd and Coconut water ( if you can find Green Coconut) is Good
- Gemini/Mithun : Sugarcane juice
- Cancer/karka :Dugdha sarkara (sugar dissolved in Milk)
- Leo/Simha :Orange juice
- Virgo/Kanya: Grape juice
- Libra/Tula: Coconut (Shreefal) water
- Scorpio/Vrischik : grape and watermelon juice or honey
- Sagittarius/dhanu: Panchamrit with saffron (panchamrit: milk, ghee, sugar, curd & honey)
- Capricorn/Makar: black sesame (teel) in milk
- Aquarius/Kumbh: Black (teel) sesame in milk
- Pieces/Meen :Mango juice and Panchamrit.
Before you use Above Remedies, Use Ganga jal or Rose water on shivLing.
For special prayers and details contact:
For special prayers and details contact:
*Guruji Gopal Vyas. * Spiritual Mentor, International Motivational Writer & Speaker, Scientific Astrology & Vastu Shastra Consultant, Running Research programme on Bhagvad Gita.